Blogger Recognition Award – 1 & 2
I don’t usually combine awards but after reading this one, I didn’t think I need to do 2 posts for each nomination, especially that I have received them at the same time otherwise I wouldn’t mind of course.
I saw a post about this nomination and I was like, I want this one!
(Me being greedy😎) and suddenly I was nominated twice. 😁
First nomination was from “Wifeblah blog” of course as usually I needed a name and since she couldn’t get rid of me, she asked me to call her “AL”.
Okay much better. 😊
AL works as a nurse and she’s a very kind and respectful blogger, she doesn’t have much time to blog but she does her best! She has a fish tank and she started “WifeBlah” in June 2015.
You can check her blog for more information and posts.
Second nomination was from one of my favorite bloggers and persons: Ribana “Popsicle society blog” (we’re both kind of Hitler and this is cool) 😊
I asked Ribana why she has chosen this name for her blog and here’s the answer, I have saved it for the right time:
“I wanted to not be tight to one topic only, I wanted to cover a few of my hobbies such as traveling, cooking, photos, dogs but also bring a ray of sunshine in people’s life through some inspirational and motivational words, I wanted something simple, something light, but at the same time colorful and funny, something that represent me, something that people can remember easily and that’s how Popsicle came out”
So check her blog for more: https://popsiclesociety.com/
Thank you so much for these nominations 😊
What Is The Blogger’s Recognition Award? [B.R.A] as explained by Ribana:
This Award is a way of acknowledging the work load, the creativity that bloggers put into their blogs. Running and maintaining a blog isn’t just about writing something and then knocking it out to the readership – that is the core element of blogging, but not everything. There is much much more to keeping a blog running, functioning and being presentable each day of each week of every month.
Bloggers are very talented people – they work hard, they promote market, advertise, and run a busy site.
They organize all kinds of activities; they encourage, motivate, interact, engage and are community orientated. It matters not if they are shy and reticent or loud and personable – each actively progressive blogger is the same – they all work hard and passionately with their blogs, they put the hours in to deliver to their audience each day a welcoming location to read, absorb, learn and have fun.
To escape the hustle bustles of city life, or the begrudgeries of boredom – they entice readers to peruse their pages to look for entertainment.
That is what the BRA celebrates.
- Thank the nominator, and publish a post on your blog about receiving the Blogger Recognition Award. Make sure to provide a link to the nominator’s blog in your post.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate other bloggers for this award, and inform them of their nomination.
How I start blogging?
One day I was sitting in my room, I was so sad, so bored…
Okay this is silly 😎
I just wanted to publish my writings at first back to 2012, I had few published political articles and personal writings all in Arabic and some few musings in English. But didn’t know that blogging is much more than storing your writings so the blog was neglected.
Then I decided to come back and really blog at the end of 2018.
I published some posts and started to read and read and interact until people started to read my content and interact. Some left, some stayed, new came and old disappeared. Many were blocked for good, many became friends, and I don’t know how the journey will continue 😊
My pieces of advice:
- Be honest and real when you write. Write from the heart and don’t fake it.
- Read what others have to say, unfollow if they are too bad or irrelevant to you, better than liking randomly.
- Be kind and respect your readers, and be firm with those who don’t respect your content. Don’t be the blogger that pop out everywhere saying any bullshit, choose some good content and always read, otherwise don’t bother, you’ll be caught at the end smart-ass.
- Don’t ask people to read your blog just to have followers, because you don’t read! And even if you really read, don’t ask this question and don’t share links unless the conversation led to this place which is totally different!
Oh 4 instead of 2! I’m generous what can I say 😎
Since this award has no questions and answers, it requires a small story and couple of advice, let’s give this award to some good bloggers out there, if you didn’t notice it, then hard luck for you fellows:
- Steve: http://stevescountry.com/
- Elizabeth: http://poetkisses.blog/
- Souad: https://venussbeauty.wordpress.com/
- Sonia : https://postcardfromlifelately.wordpress.com/
- Sohanpreet : https://mindoriginals.wordpress.com/
- Jess: https://jessicaelarsen.com/
- Ashok: https://ashokwahi.wordpress.com/
- Gauri : https://fromthequill.wordpress.com/
- Mel : http://decorcraftdesign.com/
- Simon : https://penonsite.wordpress.com/
- Lillian : http://orkidedatter.com/
- Ramyani : https://trystwithmind.wordpress.com/
- Suni: https://fragrantflowersandrecipes.blog/
Feel free to reject it if you already received it and you don’t want to repeat yourself.
Many bloggers also deserve this award but unfortunately, they don’t like or do awards.
Thank you for reading! Have a great time 😊💖
Huguette Antoun – June 17th 2019
Categories: Blogger Recognition Award